Becoming an effective Case Manager equipped to offer career coaching or advising services requires collaboration among line staff, leadership and partners. Case Managers in workforce development are responsible for guiding job seekers through a system and what may be the most important decisions of their lives. This requires a very clear understanding of your role and responsibility as well as a complete grasp of the tools and resources needed to effectively and efficiently serve job seekers. Service delivery is guided by line staff and supported by leadership through policy guidance and development.
Attendees will learn strategies, competencies and best practices for effective service delivery that include:
- How to identify and understand roles and responsibilities of Case Managers and other key team members
- Strategies for implementing a customer focused process
- Steps required to develop a highly effective Career Case Management model
- How to manage the process and eliminate gaps in service
- Understanding assessments to determine aptitude and ability
- Utilizing assessment information to develop a comprehensive action plan
- Discuss resource identification and acquisition
- Understand how to provide information and tools to for career pathway development
This training is designed to provide Workforce and Workforce Education Professionals directly serving job seekers the following competencies:
- Case Management
- Helping Skills
- Assessment and Individual Development Planning
- Career Planning and Development Principles and Practices
- Communication and Collaboration
Are you a GCDF or CWDP? Earn 12 hours of continuing education hours for attendance and participation!
Registration Fee | Payment for registration covers the two day training course and certificate fee if applicable. All other costs (travel and accommodations) are the sole responsibility of the registrant.
Cancellation Policy | Cancellation requests can be submitted to Tressa Dorsey (firstname.lastname@example.org). A $75 cancellation fee will be applied to all refunds. Registration fees are non-refundable for cancellations made 30 days or less prior to the training start date. TAD Grants reserves the right to transfer registration fees on an individual basis and when training space is available.